Hello friends! Just wanted to let you know that I am over here today for the official release of The Virgin Wife Chronicles.
It’s been a day full of mixed emotions…
- relief that release day is out of the way
- relief that the website is *almost* done
- frustration that the password protected content wasn’t working (it was working just fine a couple of days ago – so I didn’t bother testing it again)
- anxiety over how the Chronicles will be received
- fear of being able to keep up with the writing at a pace that keeps the readers engaged
I’ve found peace with the fact that the password protected content didn’t work out… maybe it’s a gift in disguise as it will give would-be readers a chance to see what they can expect in future chronicles and encourage them to subscribe.
After publishing what ended up being the first Chronicle, I realized how much content I don’t have written yet. What’s in the first release was really meant to be two different Chronicles. After putting the first part in, it seemed too sparse, so I added more to it. I’m trying not to compare too much with other online serials, but I see that mine definitely won’t have the word count that others have. Maybe in time as I get more comfortable with the writing process…