IMG 10331 e1288088571184 Celebrating a Mercury Free Mouth!

Yesterday I had my second and final visit to get my amalgam teeth fillings taken out and replaced with a compatible material.  That first step is done, and I’m SO glad, but I’m not fooling myself… I know there are months and possibly years of mercury detox ahead of me.  This picture is of me – fully prepped (sans oxygen in this picture) for removal from my mouth of one of the most hazardous materials known to man… mercury.

There is a huge list of mercury poisoning symptoms.  Mine include:

  • extreme irritability
  • indecision
  • memory loss
  • inability to concentrate
  • chronic fatigue
  • insomnia
  • withdrawal
  • numbness in limbs
  • metallic taste and metallic smelling hair at times
  • chronic dizziness/nausea
  • low blood pressure
  • heart murmur (benign)
  • poor immune response
  • candida overgrowth
  • chronic headaches
  • kidney infection
  • trouble conceiving and miscarriage
  • in previous years, persistent depression

…to name a few.  By far, the worst thing I’ve struggled with since I was in my late teens is chronic fatigue – it’s debilitating.  It’s not normal and I always knew there was something ‘wrong’ with me, though no doctor could ever find anything abnormal.  Over the years I’ve prayed for answers and my journey has led me here.  You can read more about this in my first post about safe amalgam removal.

There are many safety precautions that must be taken during the removal process.  In the picture you will see the blue rubber dam over my mouth with only my teeth poking through, to protect me from any falling mercury as it is chunked out of my teeth.  You can also see that I am mostly covered up, for similar protection, and the big white vacuum hose under my chin to suck out the mercury vapors being released into three levels of filtration.  In the room is also a negative ion generator.

I had a separate oxygen supply, took large doses of liquid vitamin C before and after, as well as activated charcoal.  Removal is done is quadrants, with highest charged quadrants taken out first.  (I had seven fillings total.)

The reason for such precautions is because many people get their amalgam fillings removed randomly and end up with serious nervous system diseases.  This is a highly toxic metal that is treated as hazardous waste in dental offices (what is it doing in our mouths???).  And CA proposition 65 requires this warning label in all dental offices:

“WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.”

It just makes my heart ache to think about mercury poisoning having anything to do with our troubles conceiving and suffering miscarriage(s).  But on the good side, this whole revision and subsequent mercury detoxing could be an answer to that painful life challenge.

Related posts:

Bye Conditioner... Hello Apple Cider Vinegar!
To the Childless Mothers
One Day | A Little Ditty
share save 256 24 Celebrating a Mercury Free Mouth!